skip to main content
Back to Top
Elmore County Public Schools

 Click to translate to Spanish.

Elmore County Public Schools operates 15 schools with an enrollment of approximately 11,000 students.  All of our schools are accredited by the Alabama State Department of Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.

The Elmore County Board of Education recognizes that no one philosophy of education can express the total sentiments or beliefs of all teaching personnel.  Generally, education is perceived as a process of growth and includes the mental, moral, emotional, physical, and spiritual aspects of the individual.

Each student is seen as a unique person who possesses certain potential, needs, aspirations, and interests.  As each student is different, the purpose of education is to provide appropriate experiences in school which develop maximum achievement so each individual will become a useful and productive member of society.

Elmore County Public Schools is committed to making its website usable by all people by meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Level AA (WCAG 2.1 AA).  ECPS has conducted an accessibility review of its website and has remediated any issues identified during that review.


Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing as we incorporate the relevant improvements to meet WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines over time. If you are currently experiencing any issues with our website, have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of this site or need assistance in using the processes found within this site, please call us 334-567-1228 or email us at If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the Web page and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible.

Contact Us

Primary Phone Number:


Physical Address:

100 H. H. Robison Drive, Wetumpka, AL 36092

Mailing Address:

Post Office Box 817, Wetumpka, AL 36092

Employment with Elmore County Public Schools

The Elmore County Board of Education recognizes that an effective educational program in a school system depends on the quality of the personnel employed. With this in mind, our School Board is committed to employ the most highly qualified and suitable persons. School system employees, especially teachers and others who are in daily contact with students, not only perform their basic job, but are often viewed as role models for students. If you are interested in applying for a position with the Elmore County Board of Education – click here for the instructions on how to apply or go to

Enrolling in Elmore County Public Schools

 It is recommended that a child enrolling in school for the first time bring with them:

·         Certified birth certificate

·         Social security card

·         Certificate of immunization

·         Proof of Residency-Requires 2 

          1.  apartment or home lease and/or letter from landlord certifying rental of property


          2.  One of these:

               -Utility bills or deposit receipts (electric bill or receipt, gas bill or receipt, home phone bill or                 receipt, water bill or receipt, trash bill or receipt – if accepting a receipt be certain it has                     the utility companies information on the receipt – their logo/address/information)

                -Property tax record or deed (deed, tax receipt reco

                -Income Tax Record (copy of W2 form, copy of check from IRS, correspondence from the                  IRS, check stub from place of employment)

                -Bank Records (loan statements, investment certificate from bank)

                -Tax Record or Receipts (business tax record)

                -Other official proof of residence documents (social security record, any correspondence                   from US government agency)

                -Registration Record (voter registration, auto registration)

*All documents submitted as proof of residence MUST contain the parent or legal guardian’s name and physical address in order for the school to verify that the residence is in zone.  

**In the case of divorced parents, the parent maintaining “physical custody” is the address we follow for residency.  If parents share physical custody either address could be used and both should be entered into INOW. 


Equal Opportunity

The Elmore County Board of Education adheres to the following policy:   "No person shall be denied employment, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, to include harassment, in any program or activity on the basis of handicap, sex, race, religious belief, national origin, age, or color."