Mornings can be really crazy…the alarm doesn’t go off…the kids don’t want to get up…there’s no time to eat breakfast before the bus comes…or they’re just not ready to eat. Or maybe your teenager grabs a can of soda and a candy bar on the way to school. If this sounds like your house, we have good news for you.
Breakfast is served at school!
School breakfast will give your child a healthy start to the day, including key vitamins and nutrients for a strong and healthy body.
Breakfast at school is affordable, too. If you qualify for free and
Help your child start the day right with school breakfast!
Breakfast at school has many benefits!
- Packed with good nutrition
- Linked to improved academic performance
- Available at a free, reduced, or paid price
- Available every day of the school year
* Eating breakfast has been shown to help improve math, reading, and standardized test scores
* Breakfast helps improve attentiveness, problem-solving skills, and memory
* Children who eat school breakfast are likely to have fewer absences and incidents of tardiness than those who do not
* Consumption of breakfast improves children's performance on demanding mental tasks and improves their reaction to frustration
Breakfast has nutritional benefits!
- Adolescents who eat breakfast tend to have a lower body mass index (BMI)
- Studies have shown that children who eat breakfast on a regular basis are less likely to be overweight
- Eating breakfast provides important nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- Eating breakfast as a child is important for establishing healthy habits later in life
This year we began the Breakfast In The Classroom program at Wetumpka Elementary School! All students eat breakfast in their classrooms daily so all children are fueled and ready for a day full of learning. Every student's breakfast meal is free under this program and there are several benefits including fewer disciplinary issues, lower tardiness rates, and higher levels of attentiveness. We are very excited about this program and look forward to expanding to other schools in the future!